1. General information
Syndata AB, company registration number 559241-3867, with the registered address at Roslagsgatan 13, 113 55 Stockholm, Sweden (“Syndata” “we” or “us”). This document contains a statement regarding our collection, use and processing of personal data (“Privacy Notice”).
This Privacy Notice is applicable when you use the Syndata website https://syndata.co or sign up for our newsletter.
Definitions in this Privacy Notice shall be interpreted in accordance with applicable data protection laws which refers to the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation no. 2016/679) and the Directive on Privacy and Electronic Communications (Directive 2002/58/EC), as well as the national implementations and related national legislation.
2. Processing and collection of personal data
We process the following personal data about you:
- Identity and contact information, including your name, e-mail address, address, telephone number;
- Business related information, including information provided in the course of the contractual or client relationship between you or your organisation and us, or otherwise voluntarily provided by you or your organisation, and other personal data concerning your preferences relevant to the service(s) for which you hired us/delivery of the product you have purchased from us;
- Preferences in receiving information, including your name, e-mail address, address, telephone number, employment, job title and function, and other personal data concerning your preferences relevant to informational services.
We collect the personal data in the following circumstances:
- When you or your organisation wants to buy products/services, from us;
- When you or your organisation provides, or offer to provide, products/services to us;
- When you correspond with us by e-mail or other electronical or physical means, by phone or directly face-to-face;
- When you or your organisation makes a request or otherwise interacts with our web page;
- When you attend our events or sign up to receive other information from us;
- When making requests from your organisation or other organisations where you work, or from third party sources such as publicly available records.
We might use your personal data for the following purposes (exhaustive list):
- To maintain adequate records of you
- To deliver, administrate and communicate our products/services with you
- To administer and manage communication with you, including subscriptions to newsletters or other information services
- To administer and manage your participation at our courses, seminars or other events
- To provide you with information and offers related to our products/services
3. Legal grounds
Consent. When you visit our website or sign up for our newsletter, you consent to the processing of the personal data as set out in this Privacy Notice.
Legitimate interest. The processing of your personal data is conducted based on our legitimate interest of developing and improving our services and business as well as our website.
Contract: When signing a contract, we will process the data in order to perform in accordance with the contract.
Legal obligations: We will process your personal data if it is necessary to comply with our legal obligations such as to keep records of our accounting or taxation purposes.
4. Disclosure of personal data
We will not sell your personal data to any third parties, but we will share them with parties that can help us in our business or with the purpose for which we process your personal data. That is for example our business partners and service providers.
Your information may be transferred outside the EU/EEA as some of our service providers are located outside EU/EEA, but only to a country deemed adequate by the European Commission or if we have a transfer mechanism in place in accordance with the legislation of the European Union, such as the EU Model Clauses.
5. Data retention and responding to legal requests
We store your personal data as long as necessary in order to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected according to this Privacy Notice or as long as we have legal grounds to do so. That is most often for as long as you are one of our clients but can also be 7 years according to tax and accounting regulation.
We may access, preserve and share your personal data in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order, subpoena, or the like), or when necessary to detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity, to protect ourselves, you and other users, including as part of investigations.
6. Intended use
Syndata offer services to businesses and not to individuals and consumers. The services of Syndata are not directed to private persons.
7. Links to other sites
When using the Syndata website or newsletter or our services you may be directed to other websites where your personal data collected is outside of our control. The privacy notices of the other websites will govern the personal data obtained from you on that website.
8. Your rights
You have an absolute right to object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing. You also have the right to recall your prior given consent. The withdrawal of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on the consent before its withdrawal, and we may continue processing your personal data based on other legal grounds, except for direct marketing.
You have the right to request access and further information concerning the processing of your personal data, or request that we correct, rectify, complete, erase or restrict the processing of your personal data.
9. Contact information
To exercise your rights regarding your personal data, or if you have any questions regarding our processing of your personal data, please contact us at the following email firstname.lastname@example.org or by letter addressed to our postal address as set out above.
If you have complaints regarding our processing of your personal data, you may file a complaint to the competent data protection authority. You can find out more about the local data protection authorities under the following link http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
This privacy notice is valid from 2021-08-18